Cumin seeds are earthy, aromatic flavour, which is slightly bitter but not hot. It gives an earthy aroma when ground. It can be used with pulses and beans and is an integral part of curry making. Most of the Indian traditional dishes are spiced with cumin seeds. Our cumin seeds are cleaned carefully and all the extraneous material is removed after plucking of the seeds, before the actual processing.
- Cumin seeds shall be dried fruit of the plant Cuminum Cyminum.L.
- They shall have the taste and aroma normal to the species.
- They shall be reasonably dry with moisture not exceeding 10 %
- They shall be free from visible mould or insect infestation and musty odour.
- They shall also be free from any harmful foreign matter.
- Specification for Cumin Seeds (HS CODE: 09093019) :
- Type:Machine cleaned / Extra Bold
- Total Ash:9.50% Max
- Acid insoluble Ash:1.75% Max
- Flavor:Aromatic with a penetrating flavour
- Moisture:10% max
- Salmonella:Absent/25 gms
- Volaile oil:Min 2.00 ml/100 gms
- Packaging:25-50 Kgs. Jute/PP Bags